Small Business Technology
Small Businesses that operate in the technology sector face risks that require customized insurance solutions. Concklin Insurance Agency offers specialized insurance programs that tackle the exposures faced by small businesses and businesses that rely heavily on computers, software, and interconnectivity with supporting systems. Plus, being on the cutting edge of innovations means you need a policy that can adapt to an ever changing landscape.
Small business technology companies face several risks, including:
- Cybersecurity threats: Small businesses are often targeted by hackers because they may have less robust security measures in place compared to larger companies. Cyber insurance can help cover the cost of responding to a cyber attack, such as hiring a forensic investigator or providing credit monitoring services to affected customers.
- Business interruption: If a technology company experiences a disruption in its operations, it could result in lost revenue and profits. Business interruption insurance can help cover these losses.
- Professional liability: If a technology company provides services, it could be held liable for errors or omissions in its work. Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance, can help cover the cost of defending against and settling claims.
- Workers' compensation: If an employee is injured on the job, workers' compensation can help cover medical expenses and lost wages.
Request More Information
In addition to these common types of insurance, small business technology companies may also want to consider coverage for:
- Worldwide laptop coverage: Pays for the cost to replace a laptop or similar device that is lost, stolen, or damaged - while traveling anywhere in the world.
- Computer & Media Coverage: Helps protect against hardware, software and data being physically lost or damaged - including corruption caused by a computer virus. Can also provide business income that is lost due to operations being shut down due to the loss or damage of hardware, software, or data.
- Employment practices liability: If a technology company is sued by an employee for wrongful termination, discrimination, or other employment-related issues, employment practices liability insurance can help cover the cost of defending against and settling the claim.
- Property insurance: Technology companies often have valuable equipment and inventory that could be damaged or stolen. Property insurance can help cover the cost of replacing lost or damaged items.
- Auto insurance: If a technology company uses vehicles for business purposes, it should have appropriate insurance coverage.
It's important for small business technology companies to carefully evaluate their specific risks and needs, and work with an insurance agent to determine the appropriate coverage. Talk to one of our trusted insurance advisors to find the coverage that is right for your business.
Talk to one of our experts
The Concklin Difference
Family Owned Small Business
We understand small business because we are one. Concklin Insurance Agency was started by Craig Concklin and his father, Tom Concklin in 1981. We continue to be a family owned, small business to this day.
Independent Insurance Agents
Concklin Insurance Agency has relationships with over 30 insurance carriers. This means we have options to make sure you have the coverage you need, at the best value - uninterrupted.
We understand the importance of community. Which is why we participate in fund raisers, and donate directly to local and national nonprofits.
As Trusted Insurance Advisors we are your advocate for all things insurance. We are here to talk about ways to mitigate your losses, provide insights into the insurance market and trends, and ,should a claim occur, we are in your corner every step of the way.
We’ve partnered with a reputable company called Zywave to provide this portal. All the content is written by their team of experienced attorneys and professional writers, so you never have to worry about validating information again. Get to know some of the areas of your portal and how its resources can make your day easier. Receive emails announcing new content tailored to your industry, state and preferences as often as you like. And if you have any questions—at any time—feel free to contact your Concklin Insurance Agency representative.
Independent Agents act more like Trusted Advisors. We have your best interests in mind, even after coverage is bound. Like a Trusted Advisor, Independent Agents are your advocate if a claim should occur. Being in your corner means being there every step of the way, from helping you decide if a claim should be filed to talking with claims auditors and adjusters, the wellbeing of our clients is our number one priority.
Each month we discuss ways you can better equip yourself to handle your risks and exposures. We bring insights into safety and risk management, answer questions about coverage, and discuss topic relevant to helping you understand your exposures and avoid coverage gaps. We post on average twice per month, with one topic focused on Personal coverage and another topic focused on Commercial & Businesses.