The Concklin Blog
Personal Auto Insurance
Instantly Compare Multiple Carriers
Get your proposal in minutes.
We follow the highest industry standards to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information and secure the transmission of your information from your computer. Please fill out this form as completely as possible to ensure an accurate quote.
Personal Auto Insurance protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident or theft. Basic personal auto insurance is mandated by most U.S. states, and laws very. Nearly every state requires car owners to carry Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability. In addition there are other coverage policies that may be mandated by your state or, if you are financing your vehicle, be required by your lender such as Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
Personal Auto coverage options are priced individually to allow you to customize coverage amounts to best suite your exact needs and budget. Most policies are 6-month or 12-month terms and are renewable.
A Personal Auto Policy will cover you and other family members living in your household. Your policy extends to cover you whether you are driving your own vehicle, or someone else's with their permission. Coverage follows the vehicle first and the auto second, meaning if you are in an at-fault accident while legally driving a friend's car, your friend's insurance would kick in first, and your insurance would cover any additional coverage needs.
Personal Auto policies only cover you when you are using a vehicle for personal use - such as running errands, commuting to work, or going on a road trip. Separate coverage may be required if you use your vehicle for commercial purposes, such as delivery. It is best to speak to an insurance professional is you have concerns about how you are using your vehicle.
Request More Information
A personal auto insurance policy typically includes several different coverage types, each of which provides protection against a specific type of loss or liability. Some of the most common coverage types found in a personal auto insurance policy are:
- Liability coverage: This coverage pays for damages or injuries that you cause to other people or their property while driving your car. It typically includes two sub-types of coverage: bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage: This coverage pays for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related costs for you and your passengers if you are involved in a car accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Collision coverage: This coverage pays for damages to your car if you are involved in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage pays for damages to your car from non-collision events, such as theft, fire, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage pays for damages and injuries that you or your passengers sustain in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Rental car coverage: This coverage pays for the cost of a rental car if your car is damaged in an accident and is not drivable.
- Towing and labor coverage: This coverage pays for the cost of towing your car to a repair shop if it breaks down or is involved in an accident.
- Gap coverage: This coverage pays the difference between the amount you owe on your car loan and the actual cash value of your car if it is deemed a total loss.
It's important to carefully review your auto insurance policy to understand the specific coverage types and limits that are included, as well as any exclusions or limitations that may apply.
The Concklin Difference
Family Owned Small Business
We understand small business because we are one. Concklin Insurance Agency was started by Craig Concklin and his father, Tom Concklin in 1981. We continue to be a family owned, small business to this day.
Independent Insurance Agents
Concklin Insurance Agency has relationships with over 30 insurance carriers. This means we have options to make sure you have the coverage you need, at the best value - uninterrupted.
We understand the importance of community. Which is why we participate in fund raisers, and donate directly to local and national nonprofits.
As Trusted Insurance Advisors we are your advocate for all things insurance. We are here to talk about ways to mitigate your losses, provide insights into the insurance market and trends, and ,should a claim occur, we are in your corner every step of the way.